Client Services Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Fixed-term/temporary position
Work Location: Town Hall, Arnprior
Hourly Wage: $21.62 (Grade 4A)
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (35 hours per week)
Reporting to the Deputy Clerk, this position performs a wide variety of clerical responsibilities to all departments of the Town of Arnprior.
This is a fixed-term position that will be approximately twelve (12) months in length. The responsibilities will include supporting the Clerk’s office by preparing correspondence, answering general enquiries from the Public including enquiries about parking tickets, process for marriage licences, pet registrations, and cemetery administration. The role requires the ability to prioritize varying demands while working effectively with both internal and external customers to ensure proper work flow and productivity are maintained. The successful candidate will have three to six months of experience in a similar work environment, related post-secondary education, knowledge of administrative procedures, word processing, managing files, data entry, and preparing correspondence and reports.
For details on how to apply please drop by Employment Networks, Renfrew (behind Aitkenhead's).
The following Employers are hiring:
Beaumen Waste Management, Renfrew
Calabogie Peaks Resort
Ensyn Technologies, Renfrew
Four Continents Restaurant, Renfrew
Gary Garage Door Installation, Renfrew
Lake Dore RV Resort, Eganville
Leaps & Bounds Children's Centre, Renfrew
Logos Land Resort, Cobden
Tier One Construction, Ottawa Valley
Trending Nails, Pembroke
Wood Works of Renfrew
Come in to Employment Networks for job details and how to apply.
General Labourer(s) at Tier One Construction and Landscaping at various sites between Arnprior and Petawawa
Constructing decks, fences, sheds and various landscaping projects including but not limited to retaining walls and interlock.
- Strong work ethic
- Dependable, honest and hard working
- 1+ years of experience in building decks, fences, sheds and landscaping projects
- Must have knowledge and experience using power tools including saws and drills
- Must take and follow directions well
- Must have 3 work references that can confirm your work ethic and experience
**Students with experience are welcome to apply
- Steel toed boots mandatory
**Weekends are usually off and half day Fridays – unless deadlines to meet.
If interested drop in to Employment Networks (we're behind Aikenheads)
Lead Hand at Tier One Contracting and Landscaping
(various sites between Arnprior & Petawawa)
Lead a team – constructing decks, fences, sheds and various landscaping projects including but not limited to retaining walls and interlock.
Must provide 3 work references to verify leadership skills and work ethic.
- Strong work ethic
- Dependable, honest and hard working
- 3-5 years of experience in building decks, fences, sheds and landscaping projects.
- Must have proven Leadership/Supervisory skills – Lead Hand will be responsible for delegating and supervising the tasks of Labourers.
- Steel toed boots mandatory
- Basic tool belt/tools preferred, but not mandatory.
- Own transportation preferred – employer will reimburse mileage & fuel (Candidates with their own truck which can be used for work will be given priority in the selection process.)
Hours Mon-Fri : 30-35 hrs/week
If interested please drop by Employment Networks (we're behind Aikenheads)
Nail Technicians and Estheticians at Trending Nails in Pembroke
Excited owner of a new nail salon opening soon would like to extend a business opportunity for nail technicians and estheticians to develop their own clientele through the salon.
Seeking dynamic and business-minded individuals interested in nail care and esthetics to build own clientele.
40% commission base, plus tips.
Franchisee (ownership) opportunity available to operate your own facility.
Experience preferred but training will be provided
Start date June 3, 2017
If interested drop in to Employment Networks; we're behind Aikenhead's.
Trained Servers, Hostess (Student), or Cook at Four Continents Restaurant, Renfrew
Greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
Take orders; communicate with kitchen and bar staff
Serve food and beverages
Present bills to patrons and accept payment; handle various transactions
Accurately use POS – close and balance till at end of shift
Able to work in a fast-paced environment, reliable, good customer service skills and able to work in a team environment.
(Server): Smart Serve Mandatory
Experience preferred, employer willing to train.
If interested in any of the positions or need a resume then please drop by Employment Networks(we're behind Aikenhead's).
Line Cook (5 positions) at Whitewater Brewing Co, Cobden/Foresters Falls
Looking for professional line cooks to prepare food to the chef’s exact specifications and to set up stations for menu. The successful candidates will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals as well as provide suggestions for locally sourced menu items. Job will begin immediately.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Experience not necessary but a definite asset
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Knowledge of seasonal ingredients and eagerness to use them in creative and delicious recipes
- Commercial kitchen experience.
If interested please drop by Employment Networks (behind Aikenhead's Pharmacy).
Working to link the labour market with the area's labour force, this week Employment Networks is posting the following job opportunities
Architectural Design Consultant
Customer Service Representative
Embroider/Silk Screen Operator
Food & Beverage Manager
Front Desk Manager
Garage Door Installer
Heavy Equipment Operator
Hotel Sales Representative
Lawn Maintenance & Landscaping
Registered Early Childhood Educator
Sales Associate / Cashier
Water Truck Driver
If this is what you have been job searching for, you’re
interested in other job postings, or you would simply like to take advantage of the FREE job search coaching services available through Employment Networks, please drop in to meet one of our Employment Consultants
No appointment necessary. 231 Argyle St (right behind Aikenhead's)
Employment Networks Weekly Employer Job Postings can be heard during the week at3:00 p.m. on myFM.
Phone enquiries on these job postings are not available.
Housekeepers (10 positions available) at Calabogie Peaks Resort.
To uphold the physical appearance of the Calabogie Peaks facilities to the highest standard and provide guests/customers with clean accommodation & facilities. To ensure guest visits are a pleasant and enjoyable experience and exceeds their expectation of service quality.
- Maintain accommodation rooms/villas area by cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, replenishing supplies & provide linens
- Clean and disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Empty garbage containers
- Laundry duties
- Report missing room/villa items
- Report lost and found by turning in items left by guest/customers
- Keep equipment in good operating order by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs
- Following and completing task requests by supervisor
- Able to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Good physical condition
- Keen eye for detail through quality work
- Position will involve day, evening shifts, weekdays, weekends and holidays
If interested please drop by Employment Networks (behind Aikenhead's), no appointment necessary.
Park Helper at Lake Dore RV Resort, Eganville
Looking for an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with people, has good organization skills and is physically fit.
Duties will include preparation and clean up for park events and activities, some light maintenance such as painting, washroom maintenance, grass cutting, watering and weeding flower beds, possible relief help in our store and any other duties that may arise.
3 to 4 days per week, likely Thursday - Saturday, Sunday on long weekends. Hours would vary depending on park activities.
Could be suitable for a semi retired person or a student possibly pursuing a career in the hospitality business.
Wage will be based on experience and ability. The successful candidate must be prepared to provide a current Criminal Check.
Position to begin mid May when the park opens for the season.
If interested please drop by Employment Networks (behind Aikenhead's pharmacy).
Housekeepers at Logos Land, Hwy 17 near Cobden
Looking for housekeepers to clean Motel and Villas.
Part-time work available all year around.
If interested, please drop by Employment Networks (behind Aitkenhead's).
Garage Door Installer & Service at Gary Garage Door Installation Limited in Renfrew
Residential and commercial installation and servicing of garage doors and openers.
Requirements: High school education & valid driver’s license
Experience: Any related skilled trades or experience in the garage door field would be an asset
If interested please drop in to Employments Networks (behind Aikenhead's pharmacy). No appointment required.